3 pets die in Saxonburg house fire

Saxonburg, Pa. – There were no human injuries to report after a house caught on fire Tuesday evening along Redoak Court however 3 pets perished in the fire.


© Images & Video Copyright Lowes Computers | Photojournalist |Paul R. Lowes | AKVNEWS.COM

AKNVEWS.COM spoke with the homeowner who said she and her husband were on their way to the Mills Mall to watch a movie when they were notified by friends their house was on fire. Damages to the inside of the home were extensive, leaving the interior of the structure a total loss. The homeowner said the fire possibly started near a microwave on the counter or in a fan near the same area.

Fire crews were not able to get the the pets who were inside the structure due to heavy smoke and fire when they arrived. Family and friends were on scene to console the homeowners and help them with lodging for the night.