Vandergrift house fire appears accidental


© Image Copyright | Photojournalist |Paul R. Lowes | AKVNEWS.COM

Vandergrift, Pa. – No injuries to report after fire breaks out on the second floor of a two and half story structure located at 116 Custer Avenue in Vandergrift about 7:30 pm Friday evening.

Vandergrift #1 Fire Chief Randy Dunmire said when fire crews arrived on scene, all residents were out of the structure. The house, a 2 story balloon construction frame dwelling sustained moderate to heavy smoke and water damage.

Fire crews were not able to initially locate the fire and searched through smoke to locate the heavy fire in the front bedroom of the house. The fire quickly got into the walls and traveled into the roof structure.

Chief Dunmire said the cause of the fire appears to be accidental. No flames were visible on the outside of the structure. Fire crews broke out windows to ventilate the structure and provided positive pressure at the front door.

The fire marshal was contacted and will be on scene Monday to further investigate the fire’s origin.


© Image Copyright | Photojournalist |Paul R. Lowes | AKVNEWS.COM