PennDOT District 11 is announcing paving operations on Route 28 in East Deer Township and Tarentum Borough, Allegheny County, will occur Friday, June 1 through Monday, June 4 weather permitting.
Paving operations requiring a single-lane restriction on Route 28 in each direction between Bailies Run Road and Route 366 will occur according to the following schedule:
• Southbound – 9 a.m. Friday morning continuously through 5 a.m. Monday morning
• Northbound – 7 p.m. Friday night continuously through 2 p.m. Monday afternoon
Additionally, the Route 366 (Bull Creek Road) on-ramp to southbound Route 28 will close to traffic from Friday night at 8 p.m. continuously through 5 a.m. Monday morning for concrete patching. All ramp traffic will be detoured.
• From Route 366, take the ramp to northbound Route 28 toward Kittanning
• Take the Natrona Heights (Exit 15) off-ramp
• Turn left onto Burtner Road
• Turn left onto the ramp for southbound Route 28 toward Pittsburgh
• Continue on southbound Route 28 to the closed ramp
• End detour
The overall $34.34 million project includes concrete patching, an asphalt overlay, bridge preservation work, drainage and guiderail improvements, installation of a new automatic bridge de-icing system, lighting upgrades, and other miscellaneous construction activities. The project runs between Butler County and the structures spanning Bailies Run Road in East Deer Township.
Lindy Paving is the prime contractor. The overall project is anticipated to conclude in late December 2018.